- In celebration of the power of innovation, Agri-EPI Centre is inviting the most forward thinking small to medium-sized agri-tech companies to enter the inaugural Agri-Tech Excellence Awards
Sponsored by Leyton, Kubota, Barclays, Syngenta and Marks & Spencer, the awards will recognise the ground-breaking work of agri-tech SMEs that have had significant impact on sustainable productivity on-farm, in the UK and internationally, between January 2019 and January 2021.
To be eligible for the awards, companies must have taken their innovations beyond the development stage and be supplying their technology commercially on-farm. The award is open to all SMEs (up to 250 employees) from all sectors.
The awards have two categories:
Category 1: Agri-tech excellence demonstrated on a UK farm
Category 2: Agri-tech excellence demonstrated on a farm based outside the UK
Entries will be judged against relevant benefits including the tech’s impact on productivity, on health and welfare; on environmental protection and enhancement; and on business efficiencies.
The judging panel will comprise experts in the field of sustainable agri-food and innovation. It will include representatives of the awards sponsors, along with Charles Nicklin, Chief Executive of the Institution of Agricultural Engineers (IAgrE) and Andy Newbold, Director of Farm Smart Publishing and Farm Smart Events, with more to be announced.
The winners of each category will be announced during Agri-EPI’s national conference on 30 September, which is attended by a large audience of companies and organisations involved sustainable agri-food.
Agri-EPI Centre Chief Executive Dave Ross said: “The UK has a vibrant and dynamic agri-tech sector. The UK private investment into the agri-food tech sector is also on the march – and we are European leader in this regard.
“Agri-EPI is pleased to be involved in catalysing new innovations and our awards seek to celebrate the success that agri-tech companies are achieving in all sectors of farming. We’re very excited to have first class sponsors and an expert judging panel supporting the awards and we look forward to receiving what will no doubt be very high-quality entries from a diverse range of companies.”
How to enter
• To enter, please read all the competition details and complete the online submission form on the Agri-EPI website. The deadline for entries is 30 July 2021.
• A shortlist of entries will be agreed by 25 August 2021.
• A representative from each shortlisted company will be invited to give short on-line pitch to the judging panel on 14 September 2021.
• The two winners will be announced during the Agri-EPI Centre annual conference on 30 September 2021.
• For enquiries, please contact email@example.com