Anyone interested in applying for a Nuffield Farming Scholarship is invited to attend an informal virtual meeting hosted by the Chairs of each region. These events are free to attend and give potential applicants the opportunity to ask questions about applications and learn how the Nuffield Chairs can provide help and support during this process.
For more information and to register, please contact Charlotte Merson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The events for each region are scheduled as follows:
|Anglia||18th February||19:30 – 20:00|
|East Midlands||15th February||19:00 – 19:30|
|Northern||11th March||12:30 – 13:00|
|Northern Ireland||22nd March||19:30 – 20:00|
|South East||3rd March||19:30 – 20:00|
|South West||11th March||19:30 – 20:00|
|Wales||16th February||19:30 – 20:00|
|West Midlands||23rd February||12:30 – 13:00|
Centrand Scotland region events have already taken place. For more information about these regions,
Nuffield Farming Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must work within the farming, food, horticulture, rural and associated industries or are in a position to influence these industries.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 45 years (the upper age limit is 45 on 31st July in the year of application).
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications.
- Applicants should be well-established in their career, demonstrate a passion for the industry they work in and be three years post-tertiary education.
- Candidates must be resident in the UK and hold a UK passport or be working directly for UK agriculture.
- The Trust seeks people with very special qualities.
- Scholarships are not awarded to anyone in full-time education or to further research projects.
The application deadline for 2022 Scholarships is the 31st July 2021. For more information about the Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust and to apply online, please visit http://www.nuffieldscholar.org/.