- Massey Ferguson has announced significant enhancements that further improve the ease of use, durability and performance of its renowned MF 2200 Series large square balers
As well as being easier to operate using the new MF BaleCreate terminal display, the latest balers now inherit low maintenance, robust components from the high capacity MF Ultra HD model and come equipped with new running gear, a higher capacity pick-up and stronger, more durable components.
“Massey Ferguson’s MF 2200 Series set the large square baler standard. The balers have a great reputation among professional users for not only reliability and their ability to make consistent, high quality bales, but also for delivering low ownership costs,” says Jérôme Aubrion, Director Marketing Massey Ferguson, Europe & Middle East.
“These new balers benefit from a range of new components, well proven on the renowned Massey Ferguson MF Ultra HD models, which further improve durability. “Throughout the machine numerous other updates boost capacity and performance. Also, the new axle make the MF 2200 Series balers now less than 3m wide on the largest tyres,” adds Mr Aubrion.
A new model numbering system now matches the existing bale sizes (in Imperial measurements). All the balers are equipped as standard with the Packer feeding system, while the ProCut Cutter is an option for all, apart from the MF 2244.
MF 2200 Series large square balers
Model Chamber size Imperial (ft) Chamber size Metric (cm) Packer ProCut Cutter
MF 2233 3 x 3 80 x 90 Std Option
MF 2224 4 x 2 120 x 70 Std Option
MF 2234 4 x 3 120 x 90 Std Option
MF 2234 XD 4 x 3 120 x 90 Std Option
MF 2244 4 x 4 120 x 130 Std N/A
• New MF BaleCreate terminal display eases operation, allowing operators to set-up and monitor important functions via three, selectable work screens
• New electronic bale length setting
• Latest design tandem axle and new suspension system improve handling and keep transport width to less than 3.0m on 620/50-22.5 tyres
• High capacity pick-up with a five tine-bar reel, takes smaller ‘bites’ to improve crop flow and increase performance
• New larger, robust maintenance-free bearings and components from the high capacity MF Ultra HD baler range
• Heavy-duty straps on the stronger, redesigned bale roller chute increase durability and reduce noise
• MF Connect Telemetry for optimum fleet management, dealer maintenance monitoring and security with mobile App access
• All models fully compliant with the latest TIM – Tractor Implement Management system.
The MF BaleCreate terminal display, provides comprehensive electronic control of the entire baling sequence. This improves bale consistency while easing the load on operators, allowing them to focus on maintaining optimum machine performance.
First introduced on the MF Ultra HD baler, the ISOBUS compatible system is easy to use on the Massey Ferguson FieldStar 5 terminal and any other compliant controller. It offers three, selectable work screens, which operators can select by simple swiping between them – like using a tablet.
Up to 12 different items can be displayed on each screen, with short cut keys on the touch-screen offering quick access to frequently used items. It will now also control the new premium LED lighting, which is standard for all the transport, working and service lights.
MF BaleCreate now employs electronic bale length control, which is set and altered from the terminal. This precise and intelligent system constantly monitors the size of the previous ten flakes and ensures the target bale length is maintained to within half of an average flake size.
Automatically ensuring consistent and precise bale length increases productivity, eases the workload on the operator and ensures bales meet customers’ exact specifications.
All the new MF 2200 Series balers are equipped with MF Connect Telemetry as standard. This enables owners and managers to monitor the machine’s location, performance and operating status on a secure webpage or mobile App. It is particularly useful for fleet management, enabling users to quickly locate machines and manage jobs more easily.
Dealers, with the owner’s permission, can also provide remote support by monitoring machines with service and maintenance notifications for planned and preventative maintenance.
All models in new MF 2200 Series are fully compatible with Tractor Implement Management (TIM).
Using the baler’s existing sensors, combined with intelligent software, TIM monitors baler performance and target settings and then automatically speeds up or slows down the tractor to achieve optimum results.
TIM helps to significantly reduce fatigue allowing the operator to focus on steering and feed.